Thursday, March 7, 2013

On your Communion Boy/Girl

I can't believe how fast this week has gone :(( My son was very upset today, the week is almost over, back to school on Monday!! But it's really not a vacation for us mom's right!! Except if you actually go somewhere.!!

Today I want to show you a couple of cards for Communions, that time of year will soon be upon us, April and May are full of Communions and Confirmations, I have a few myself so in preparation for that...here's my first card!!



 I followed this sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas:


For this card I used my Spellbinders cross dies for the first time. I got them on sale a while ago purposely for these types of occasions. I think along with the embossing folder and the sketch it came out perfect!! I printed the sentiment on vellum paper and added 2 simple brads. Then to go along with the sketch I added 2 dew drops.

I also made another card, this time for a girl. I used the same concept of using an embossing folder and bards for the sentiment but this time I used a circle die instead of the rectangle on the previous card.

Here's the card:


Isn't the cross pretty!!

I will be entering the first card in the following challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas, #105 sketch (must use a die)
Loves Rubber Stamps challenge, #42 anything goes
Papertake Weekly,  anything goes
Fairies Challenges Blog, #2 Celebration

Thanks for stopping by

love & create ...with a smile :)
Cinzia


6 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Those are really awesome cards. Totally love the embossing for these.

Carol Ric said...

These cards are so lovely. Great LO. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy's Challenge blog.

Pat N. said...

Both cards are lovely. I really like the first intricate one and that wonderful embossing. Looks great! Thanks for entering the DCD challenge.

Unknown said...

both crads are beautiful. wonderful job.

Gerda said...

These cards are beautiful! Love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Crea-Sandra said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colors!
Thanks for joining ut at Fairies Challenges!
Hugs Sandra