Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Kraftin' Kimmie - Caroline, mom to be

It's Wednesday, and we are that much closer to the Easter holidays!!

I don't know about you but Easter for us is just as big as Christmas!! I was brought up Catholic and even with all of the things the Church has gone through I still have a strong belief in God! I think that everyone should believe in something!

Now totally unrelated to Easter..LOL..today I want to share with you a lovely stamp from Kraftin'Kimmies, her name is Caroline, here is my card:



I know someone who is pregnant and thought of her when I was making this. It's cheery and beautiful like her!

Here is a closer look at the image and copic coloring of her hair and skin:

I followed this sketch from The Sweet Shop:

SSS203

For this card I kept it real simple, I paper pieced her dress because it was a big enough surface, I embossed the solid color for some texture and dimension and I added the ribbon for a pop of color. I used a die for the sentiment but not for the image. I just used my CM corner punch to round out the corners. I also added a brad from Eyelit Outlet for the bow.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
The Sweet Shop, SSS203, sketch
Through the Craft Room Door, Anything goes
Sassy Studio Designs, DTBST #169, paper piecing
Die Cuttin' Divas, #108 embossing with ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, and if I don't come back before Friday, HAPPY EASTER!!

love & create ...with a smile :)
Cinzia


5 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

gorgeous card. Love the bright cheerful colors. And the paper piecing is really awesome!

Stephanie said...

What an adorable card, love this image. Thanks for playing along at The Sweet Stop.

Lori aka lorib117 said...

What a great card! Love the image you used. Thanks for joining us for Sassy Studio Designs DTBST this week and good luck!

-Lori SSD DT

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our DCD challenge. Happy Easter to you too!

Veronica DCD

L.B. said...

Very cute. Love the way she is colored. Glad you could play with Die Cuttin' Divas