Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy 40th Birthday - SSd image Beach Bum

Hello everyone!!

I've managed to make 2 cards today, that makes me very happy ;)))

I have my sister-in-laws 40th Birthday and my son's 5th birthday next week, so I got busy!!

First I'd like to show the 40th birthday card!! I wanted to use one of the 2 sketches that Simon Says Stamps has for their challenge this week, here is my card:



and a closer look at my copic coloring and the sentiment:



And here is the sketch I choose to use, Sketch 2


For this card I choose an image from Sassy Studio Designs called Beach Bum. I heat embossed a piece of card stock. I remembered that I had some embossing powder that looked like sand..isn't it COOL!!! I think it looks like real sand!!! I also added some brads at each corner and a beach ball brad. My sister-in-law is going to be in Cuba for her 40th so I thought this image was very fitting and it was a freebie at some point too!..YAY!

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Challenge, Choose a sketch (sketch 2)
Cute Card Thursday's,  #260 anything goes

I'll be back with another card shortly!!

love & create ...with a smile :)
Cinzia

2 comments:

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

This is sooooo awesome card! I totally love this image and how you have colored it up!!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Fabulous card! Love the great image and your wonderful coloring of it!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa